lose fat

How to Lose Fat Fast

By Contributing Author Albert Lamas, Jr. NSCA®, CPT®

Hard bodies start in the kitchen and are finished in the gym. Whether you are just starting out on your fitness goals, or you are in maintenance mode; it is safe to say there is stubborn fat that just will not go away. Lose fat fast by making some fine tuned adjustments in your daily route and watch the fat melt away.

It All Starts in the Kitchen

Experts agree that 80% of how our physique appears is based on diet alone, the remaining 20% is a combination of genetics and fitness regimen. So if that is true, then paying close attention to what goes into your mouth is hypercritical, wouldn’t you agree?

Meal prep is an effective mechanism to regulate not only the quality of food you consume, but also meal prep regulates the portion sizes. So how does this help you lose fat?

Try and forget what you have learned and be open minded to the possibilities that you might not know it all when it comes to everything. There are concepts that may go against the grain so to speak.

More Fat Please!

For decades consumers have been fed lies about fat. Dietary fat has been essentially demonized by the food industry as a gimmick to buy their ‘fat free’ products. However, this is an unfortunate because by eating fat you can actually lose fat.

According Mike Roussell, Ph.D, “Regardless of past success with fat-restricted diets, lowering fat intake doesn’t equate with dropping fat. A little fat could even help make your fat loss more successful!” But how you ask? Great Question!

Quality + Quantity + Frequency = Fat Loss

It is simple. By eating fat, it displaces eating carbs. Let me elaborate… When adding up your macronutrient percentage, everything adds up to 100%. The basic math of macros dictates your caloric intake because if you eat more of one macronutrient then the law of macros requires you to decrease the intake of another macronutrient.

Regardless of the goal – performance, muscle gain, or fat loss – you should ensure you consume your protein macros first, then toggle your fat and carbohydrate caloric intake. Eating more fat equals eating less carbs, or vice versa.

If the goal is lose fat fast, then by eating more fat you will displace carbs in your diet therefore setting a fat-loss environment up in your body. Carbs generate insulin release based on proportion of carbs consumed.

Insulin is the regulator of nutrients, directing nutrients where to go. By lowering the insulin levels by displacing carbohydrate consumption allows your body to search for a new energy source. And guess what that is? You guessed it, Fat. Not to mention fat will saturate your muscles, providing fuel for them.

Hunger or Satiation, You Choose

One of the biggest issues with low-fat/low-calorie diets is you will find yourself feeling hungry more often than not. By incorporating fat such as nuts, fish, cheese, and avocados as part of your new well balanced macronutrient diet you will feel the satiating benefits.

Additionally, fats help signal the release of hormones as soon as the fat passes through your small intestines that help regulate appetite; leaving you feel satisfied and full. It is quite simple really, the more satiated you feel, the less likely you will consume additional portions of food.

Caution, Caution, Caution!

You may or may not be counting your macros and/or calories, however, it is a prudent idea to have some sort of measurement system. It is always recommended that you measure oils and fats prior to consuming them.

Although, fats are extremely beneficial for your body, you can easily over-consume fats and become counterproductive to your efforts. Check out this easy to follow measurement system to help you make calculated decisions.

Questions and Answers

You have questions or seem confused about your macronutrients? We have answers. Feel free to contact us in the comment section below, or you can visit us at our Facebook/Instagram page where we have a flourishing online community offering tips and best practices.